What is personal development?
Personal development is the process of learning about yourself in order to reach your potential. It’s important to consider your skills and what you are aiming to achieve – setting yourself personal goals with the intention of improving your quality of life, and helping you to be the person you aspire to be.
- social interaction
- emotional needs
- academic needs
- physical / exercise
- You Set the goals
- You set the time scale to reach your goals
- You set the area of your life you want to develop
Why would I want Personal Development coaching?
Do you want to change your life for the better, but need a little guidance along the way?
Personal development coaching might be the right path for you.
Consider the following questions:
- Do you want to be more confident?
- Do you want to be more motivated?
- Do you need help with money management – to curb your spending and tackle that debt?
- Would you like to learn a new skill or go back to college but can’t pluck up the courage?
- Want to improve your public speaking skills?
- Want to be more social and meet new people?
- Does your company needs some team building – to improve production and morale?
When and where would sessions take place?
Appointments are made to suit your lifestyle. HeadGym offer a flexible approach tailored to your needs; we offer individual sessions, couples or we can even have group sessions. These appointments can be face to face in a comfortable room or through Skype in the comfort of your own home, or even at work! We will also be having group sessions over the internet using Webinar. Webinar is a platform which enables individuals to join a group chat.
Who will my session be with and what will they do?
Your appointment will be with one of our mentors who will be matched to meet your needs and interests. At HeadGym, we think it is important that you have a good relationship and build trust with your mentor to maximise your outcomes.
Our HeadGym mentors will work with you to evaluate your current situation and your expectations and aspirations for the future, they will then set goals to help you get there.
Your mentor will:
- Listen to you
- Ask thought provoking questions
- Help you create personalised goals
- Help you make decisions
- Be honest
- Give you techniques and coping strategies
In order to help you progress in your development – to become independent and learn new strategies – your mentor will not:
- Tell you what to do
- Make decisions for you
- Tell you what goals to set
If you want to make a positive change to your life, then contact HeadGym today!