Get the gratitude attitude
Most of us are thankful for what we have in our lives. We may have families we love, jobs that help us provide, good health, friends etc, but gratitude isn’t just listing all we have every night before we go to bed. It’s a mindset It is a real and true acknowledgment that our lives are blessed by what and who we have in our lives. A true understanding that we would not be as happy as we are now if we didn’t have those blessings.
We create what we focus on.
When we are truly grateful for what we have in our lives, and we take time to appreciate them, we automatically begin to draw more.
Gratitude may not be so simple and may be hard to grasp depending on your situation you could be experiencing some hard life challenges if you have just lost a job, or a loved one or have financial problems perhaps experiencing depression. It’s hard to feel grateful during these moments.
Not everything in our lives will be the way we want it, but some things are and the things that aren’t will improve having faith will affirm that. Healing will come as we go through the grieving process for our loved ones. Financial struggles will come and go. Depression and sadness can be overcome
Be thankful for the ways in which you touch the lives of those around you. Some of which you may not be aware of but know that they exist.
Reflect on the good things every day let yourself feel the good and love surrounding you. Tell your family what they mean to you and be thankful for having them in your life.
Tips for getting the gratitude attitude
- Be generous. Make this a way of life this can affect those around you and the wider population the knock-on effect will be that you become happier.
- Appreciate. Be thankful for your situation in life, don’t be a victim.
- Be mindful. Appreciate the present and be mindful of the moment.
- Have a gratitude list. Express thankfulness on a weekly basis and build a list this will help you be aware of how lucky you are.
- Make gratitude a way of life. The more you can express how grateful you are, the happier you will be. This also attracts more positive things into your life
- Set an example. This is a great way to give back to others who can follow your lead especially family and children.
- Give. Giving your time is the best way to give back and feels good at the same time, volunteering and helping others can be rewarding and will help with your gratitude attitude.